Sunday, February 25, 2018

Planning. Don't not do it.

I did plan. I thought I did. I booked some lodging at a private campground in December last year. I only booked a few nights for this private campground near Moab because I planned to then move us to actual tent camping for the remainder of the trip in Arches National Park.

I wanted to get a first-come first-serve spot at Devil's campground. Except that they aren't first-come first-serve spots. Not sure what I was thinking. And now, every single site is booked from not till eternity. At least, that is how it feels.

However, my husband and I camped in Canyonlands years ago on BLM land. So, I thought, that will be the answer. We will check an additional National Park off the list by moving our camp into Canyonlands. Apparently, BLM land is managed way different now. I am at a loss.

I'm reaching out to my fellow campers. Has anyone camped on BLM land in Canyonlands National Park in the last year or so that can offer us a sweet spot that not every other traveler will be vying for?

(These pictures are from the last time Andrew and I were in Canyonlands - another lifetime ago. We hiked in Needles and visited Newspaper Rock.)







2 comments:

  1. Oh sorry to hear that Alexis. I hope you figure something out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was able to get reservations just outside Canyonlands entrance. So it all worked out! Hope you can join us one day.

    ReplyDelete